Following my recent petition to improve standards for those housed in the cities emergency housing, I have decided to continue the focus and set up a fundraising event, using ART as a means of expressing the homelessness situation in the city.
How Can You Be Involved?
I am looking volunteers to help me out with this project, which I am aiming to hold this year. I have no fixed date until Brighton and Hove City Council provide me with permission to use the Bandstand in Brighton and Hove.
What Skills Do You Have?
I am looking for people with the following skills to help contribute.
- Graffiti Artists – I need some talented local Graffiti Artists to assist with some visual work.
- Photographers – The idea is to invite members of the public down to the bandstand and photograph them, along with the homeless from across the city.
- Stylists – I want to show the city that people who are street homeless are people, so I need stylists to help transform street homeless into ordinary people again.
- Actors – I need some talented Male, Female and Trans Actors to provide the homeless with a voice, using spoken word you will be performing homeless persons stories.
- Promotions – This event needs to be promoted, do you have experience?
- Venues – I am looking for venues to hold initial planning events.
- People – Are you street homeless? are you sofa surfing? are you still living at home? are you in emergency accommodation? if so I want you involved.
How Can You Register Your Interest?
I look forward to hearing from you.